The vintage section of the shop, green and floral upholstered arm chairs, (R2800 for a pair), a trunk (R1590) and a collection of vinatge mirrors and paintings on a reclaimed timber wall.

Another view of the vintage section of the store. This time with an art deco sideboard (R2200) and a collection of vintage glass ware.

The other green and floral upholstered chair with a section of our newly wall papered wall. A whole story to follow about this vintage inspired wall.

More of our vintage inspired wall papered wall.

A table layden with goodies and two arm chairs upholstered in a combination of two fabrics and two seagrass chairs with yellow canvas cushions

a display of cushions and a painted white coffee table and behind that one of the tables that we maufacture

A mid century round dinning table and 6 delicate and light chairs (R5900)

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday 11 March 2010 RIA



Hello Followers of this Blog.

Today I want to tell a story of thanks and loyalty.

About 5 years ago I met a woman who came to work for me as a char, Ria. Over the years she became a lot more than just the person who cleaned for me.. We got to know her as a friend and loyal employee. When we opened the store 3 years ago she also came and cleaned the store for us.

Ria weathered the stores ups and downs, never complaining when we hit hard times and we had to reduce her days. Always smiling and always understanding.

In December I had a bicycle accident. I broke my wrist in 7 places. It was a Friday. I could not get to the store to open up, Darryn was having his car serviced and couldn't get there either, so I turned to Ria ... she just took it in her stride. She opened up the store, put the furniture outside and sold almost all the furniture we had on the floor in the next 2 days, the Friday and the Saturday. She was amazing.

Needless to say I have made her my sales lady and have started teaching her about customer satisfaction, sales methods, collecting customer based information, etc. Ria is absorbing all of this with a passion that is incredible.

Then yesterday while I was out of the store, a woman came into and made a purchase. After the purchase she asked Ria if she could have a piece of paper and a pen, as she wanted to leave a note for the owner of the store. This is what she wrote:

"Hello Wayne
I am a shop owner in Kalk Bay and I want to say that I love your shop and that also your assistant is very enthusiastic and informative without being pushy or annoying. A very rare and good combination. She clearly loves the stock. Just wanted you to have the feedback! Good luck!
Nin"

I want to say a heartfelt thank you to Ria for loving my store as much as I do and letting our customers feel that love in how she treats them. She has proven herself as a loyal, caring and insightful friend and colleague.

And then I want to say thank you to Nin for leaving that insightful note. People are quick to tell you the negative things about your store and staff but you hardly ever hear the postive feedback Thank you for that. It was really appreciated.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment